Westerville City School District Board of Education President Dr. Nancy Nestor-Baker today announced that Board members have narrowed their applicant pool and will interview three district residents to complete the unexpired term of Cindy Crowe, who last month announced her resignation from the Board effective May 19, 2014.
Board members received and reviewed 11 applications from the following individuals:
- Richard W. Bird, head of information security for Mettler-Toledo International, Inc.;
- James E. Burgess, co-owner, Common View, LLC;
- Michael K. Burns, director/public finance banker, Robert W. Baird & Co.;
- Gerrie L. Cotter, project manager, director of policy, strategy and performance/policy analyst, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services;
- Luke M. Davis, site QA complaints coordinator, Abbott Nutrition;
- Roger L. Fleegle, teacher’s aide, Educational Service Center of Central Ohio.
- Lisa M. Good, business analyst, Chase; and
- Alfred T. Hammond, bureau chief for the Bureau of Audit, Control and Claims Support, Ohio Bureau of Employment Services/Ohio Department of Job and Family Services;
- Eugene L. Hollins, partner, Frost Brown Todd, LLC
- L. Michael Howard, director of quality assurance, Julian & Grube;
- Preston C. Stapleton, branch manager, Huntington Bank;
Board members met on May 29, 2014, to thoroughly review and discuss each of the applications. As a result of this initial screening, Board members will be interviewing Bird, Davis and Hammond to determine which of the three finalists they will appoint to the vacant position. Interviews will be conducted in executive session during special meetings of the board on June 4 and June 5, 2014.
The person selected to complete Crowe’s term, which ends December 31, 2015, will be sworn into office during the Board of Education’s next regular meeting at 6 p.m. on June 9, 2014, in the district’s Early Learning Center, 936 Eastwind Drive.