Students attending Westerville City Schools, in grades 1 - 5, will begin classes on Wednesday, August 13, 2014. Most elementary schools in the district will provide an opportunity for each family to learn of their child's teacher/class placement for the 2014-2015 school year, return the emergency medical card, pay school fees, learn their child’s bus assignment and route schedule, as well as return free and reduced lunch forms (if applicable).
Families will be receiving correspondence from their school of residence that includes pertinent details about the upcoming school year. As an austerity measure, the Back-to-School mailing will direct all families to the district’s web site, www.wcsoh.org, to obtain additional forms and information. The packet will contain a greeting from the principal and forms such as the Emergency Medical Card and the Publicity Consent Form. Recipients should review the information, complete the forms, and return them as instructed.
Elementary school supply lists for the 2014-2015 school year are now available on the Westerville Schools website. These can be accessed from a link on the district’s home page as well as from each school’s home page. Go to www.wcsoh.org/backtoschool for details.
- Alcott Elementary Back-to-School Days will take place as follows: August 7, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. A School Walk-Through will take place August 12 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation/Curriculum Night will also be held on August 12 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Annehurst Back to School days are August 5 from noon - 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.; and August 6 from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Meet the Teacher (School Walkthrough) is August 12 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum Night/Open House for students in grades K-5 is August 28 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Cherrington Elementary welcomes new and returning families to Back to School Days on August 6 from 9:00 a.m. - noon; and from 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. During these times fees may be paid, emergency cards turned in, schedules picked up, and supplies may be purchased. We will have the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Care Mobile on site from 9:00 a.m. - noon and 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., offering a full-range of medical services and immunizations on August 6. Please call the office at 797-7050 for further details. A school walk through will take place August 12 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. and the PTA will host an ice cream social and supply sale from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will be held at 6:30 p.m. August 12. Fees may be paid from 5:30 - 6:15 p.m., and PTA members will sell kindergarten supplies both before and after the meeting. On September 3, an Open House will be held for the entire school from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Emerson World Languages & Cultures Magnet School schedule pick up will be held on August 4 from 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.; and August 6 from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Emerson families are invited to walk through the building and meet the teachers on August 12 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Emerson’s Curriculum Night will be held on August 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Students and families are invited to attend the Emerson PTA Back to School Social which will be held from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. on September 5.
- Fouse Elementary School will mail Back to School Packets to families with classroom teacher assignments included in the packet. Invoices for school fees will be sent late September with collection of fees taking place at that time. Kindergarten Parent Night will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 11. On August 12 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. families are invited to walk through the building, drop off supplies, and meet teachers. During this time the Fouse PTO will be on hand to share ways in which parents and volunteers can be involved with school, starting at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Curriculum Night for grades 2, 3, and 5 is August 19 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum night for grades 1 and 4 will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 21.
- Robert Frost Elementary School will hold Back to School Days on August 5. Parents may return/complete updated paperwork, pay fees, and learn classroom assignments anytime between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - noon or 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. on August 5. School supplies will also be sold on this day. Frost families are invited to walk through the building and meet teachers on August 12 anytime between 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Curriculum Night will take place at 6:00 p.m. on August 11. Curriculum night for grades 1 and 2 will be on August 18 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 3 and 4 will be on August 19 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum night for grade 5 will be on August 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Hanby Magnet Elementary School will host Back to School Days on Tuesday, August 5 from 9:00 - 12:00 p.m.; and Wednesday, August 6, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. At this time school fees are paid, and students learn will learn their classroom assignments. Parents can hand in emergency cards and any necessary medical information during this time. In addition, there will be computers available in order for online lunch applications to be completed. PTA representatives will be present with information about the upcoming school year. Meet the Teacher day will be held on August 12 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum night will be held for all parents on August 28, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. The PTA will host a Back to School Picnic at Metzger Park on September 16 from 4:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
- Hawthorne Elementary Back to School Days will take place on August 4 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; and August 5 from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Back to School Days will allow parents to pay school fees and find out who their child’s teacher will be. Hawthorne’s Meet the Teacher event will be held on August 12 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum nights for Hawthorne will be from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. on September 4 for grades 3, 4 and; and September 9 for grades K, 1 and 2.
- Huber Ridge Elementary School will hold Back to School Days on Tuesday, August 5 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. and Friday, August 8 from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Class assignments will be shared after school registration is completed and fees are paid. On Tuesday, August 12, from 2:30- 3:30 p.m., families are invited to attend Huber Ridges Open House, during which time students and parents can drop-off supplies, meet their teacher, and see their classroom. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will also take place on Tuesday, August 12, at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for all grades K-5 will be held on Thursday, August 28 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- McVay Elementary will host its Back to School Days on August 4 from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. and August 5 from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Parents are asked to return their Back to School materials on one of these dates. A Meet the Teacher Open House will be held on August 12 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergartners and those who are new to McVay Elementary are invited to stop by for a tour of McVay to be held at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 30. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will take place on August 14 at 7:00 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 1-3 will be held on September 9 and on September 11 for grades 4 and 5.
- Pointview Elementary Back to School Days will take place on August 4 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and August 5 from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Open House will be held on August 12 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Open House is a time for families to come take a sneak peak at the classrooms and drop off school supplies. Curriculum Night for grades K, 1 and 2 will be held on September 9 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and for grades 3-5 on September 10 from 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Mark Twain Elementary Back to School Days will take place on Tuesday, August 5 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.; and Friday, August 8 from 8:00 - 10:00 a.m. Meet the Teacher Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 12 for grades K-5 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum Night is scheduled on Wednesday, September 3 from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. for ESL families; from 6:05 - 7:05 for grades K-2; and 7:10 - 8:10 p.m. for grades 3-5. The annual PTA Family Picnic will be held on Thursday, August 28 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Whittier’s Back to School registration is planned for August 5 from 10:00 a.m. - noon, and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Meet the teacher/walk-through will be held August 12 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. The PTA will open the school store during the walk-through. Kindergarten orientation will take place from 7:00-8:00 p.m. on August 11. Curriculum Night will be held September 4 for grades K-5 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Meet the Teacher at Wilder Elementary School is Tuesday, August 12 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. Please bring school supplies, emergency cards, and medical supplies and forms. Grades 3-5 can purchase classroom planners at this time for $3.00 (checks can be made out to the Wilder PTA). Curriculum Nights are: Tuesday, August 26 for grades kindergarten-2, from 6:30-8:00 p.m.; and Thursday, August 28 for grades 3-5 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.