Front row (left to right): Rachel Gummer, Ashley Young, Juweria Haji, Heather Smalley, and Lauren Perry. Back row: Tammi Jones, Eric Hoogeveen, Sarah Flagler, Timothy Gamble and Josh Ice.
Ten exemplary employees received A+ Awards during the October 28 Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting. Recipients attended a reception prior to the event, along with their friends, family members and colleagues. Honorees are:
- Sarah Flagler, ESL, Annehurst;
- Timothy Gamble, technology technician, ELC;
- Rachel Gummer, bus driver, Transportation;
- Juweria Haji, intervention specialist, Fouse;
- Eric Hoogeveen, intervention specialist, Genoa;
- Josh Ice, choir director/music teacher, Blendon/Hawthorne;
- Tammi Jones, instructional aide, Walnut Springs;
- Lauren Perry, intervention specialist, Central;
- Heather Smalley, instructional coach, McVay; and
- Ashley Young, math teacher, North.
A+ Awards recognize outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.
Each received a plaque made by students in the SHOP at Westerville North High School.