Wilder Elementary School K-kids are up and running again this year, having already completed a number of projects for the betterment of their school and the community. K-kids is a service-oriented club sponsored by Kiwanis. Now in its fifth year at Wilder, the club is led by Kiwanis member James Minter and school coordinator Lynn Holland. So far this year the K-kids have helped:
- Donate more than 1,000 gently used books to all Wilder students and created two reading nooks, with help from John O’Connell and area libraries;
- Paint a 35-foot x 36-foot colored map of the United States on the playground, with the help of many parents and students;
- Trick or Treat for UNICEF, bringing in more than $170 for tuberculosis shots needed worldwide;
- Serve more than 70 spaghetti dinners to veterans and made cards and banners in their honor; and
- Collected more than 200 Thanksgiving dinner items to help Westerville families in need.