Click for map
Students at Cherrington ES will achieve continuing excellence within a safe, respectful and inviting learning environment. Our school community will adapt to the continually changing needs of our community of learners to facilitate preparing our students for the future.
Cherrington ES will promote educational excellence by providing a high quality program that encourages students to be confident, knowledgeable, responsible and productive citizens in a diverse, ever-changing world.
- Improve achievement for all students.
- Increase support from family, business and the community.
- Promote a positive, safe and inviting school.
- Actively practice the character traits of our community.
- To meet excellent criteria in all areas of the State Report Card.
Cherrington ES and the Rotary Club of Westerville Sunrise received the Ohio BEST Practices Award for the "I Can" program.
Cherrington ES was dedicated on September 29, 1968. It is believed that the first people who lived on the school site were Native Americans of the Shawnee or Miami Tribes. The school was named for Earnest Cherrington.