IMPORTANT KINDERGARTEN DATES & INFORMATION FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
- Kindergarten registration begins February 4, 2019. Learn more HERE.
- If your child will be five years old on or before September 30, 2019, you may register him/her for kindergarten in the Westerville City Schools.
- Those who wish to apply for the All-Day Kindergarten Lottery may do so beginning January 29 at 5PM as part of the online enrollment application at www.wcsoh.org/Enroll
- If your child will be five years old after September 30, 2019, but you believe he/she is ready for kindergarten, please contact our Gifted & Talented Services Department at 614-797-5887 to discuss early entrance.
- If you are unsure of which elementary school your child would attend based upon your home address, please contact any of our elementary schools or the Enrollment & Family Resource Center at 614-797-7700.
- If your child is a currently-enrolled Westerville City Schools preschool student, you do not need to re-register, but do need to complete an All-Day Kindergarten application.
- Tuition assistance is available for those that qualify.
- The deadline for All-Day Kindergarten Applications is midnight, March 29, 2019.
- Applicant must be officially enrolled in the Westerville City School District by March 29, 2019. If your student is not currently enrolled in Westerville City Schools, you must start the process PRIOR TO March 29. Enrollment is not compleete until you have completed your appointment at the Enrollment Center with all required documentation.
- Notification of All-Day Kindergarten placement will be mailed on April 4, 2019. All families that applied will receive either an invitation letter or a waitlist letter.
- Acceptance of All-Day Kindergarten Invitation, along with first payment, due no later than April 12, 2019.
All students receive transportation to either their home school or shuttle transport to Longfellow Elementary School. Additionally, students residing in the Fouse or Robert Frost attendance area are eligible for shuttle transportation to Alcott and students residing in the Huber Ridge or Wilder attendance area are eligible for shuttle transportation to Pointview.
||Student will receive transportation to:
||Fouse, Longfellow, Alcott
||Huber Ridge, Longfellow, Pointview
||Mark Twain, Longfellow
||Robert Frost, Longfellow, Alcott
||Wilder, Longfellow, Pointview
Please review our All-Day Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.