NEW! School videos about students' return to daily, in-person instruction beginning March 8. CLICK TO WATCH!
Watch Superintendent Kellogg's Together Again Plan update as shared with the Board of Education on Monday, February 22, 2021.
Watch Superintendent Kellogg's presentation of the "Together Again Plan" as shared with the Board of Education on Monday, February 8, 2021.
CALENDAR & TIMES
- February 22-26: All students will be on Remote Instruction
- March 1-5:
- Cohort B students receive in-person instruction;
- Cohort A students receive remote instruction
- March 8-26: All non-Westerville Virtual Academy students receive in-person instruction
- WVA students have committed to virtual instruction through the second semester.
- March 29-April 5: Spring Break
- April 6-May 26: All non-WVA students continue with in-person instruction through the remainder of the school year
- Instructional times will remain as they are for the remainder of the year:
- High Schools: 7:25 a.m. to 1:25 p.m.
- Middle Schools: 8:15 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 9:35 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- AM Kindergarten: 9:35 a.m. to Noon
- PM Kindergarten: 12:55 p.m. to 3:20 p.m.
- Pre-KG: A.M. Preschool 8:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Pre-KG: P.M. Preschool 12:55 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
DELIVERY OF INSTRUCTION
- The health and safety of staff and students remains our greatest consideration when determining our instructional model. This plan to return all students to in-person instruction has been reviewed by health officials from both the Delaware Public Health District and Franklin County Board of Health.
- There may be times when local or regional conditions call for a return to blended learning or remote instruction, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
- As we have all along, we intend to continue doing our part to mitigate the spread of the virus and will look to our medical experts to help guide our decisions moving forward.
Families of students receiving their instruction through the Westerville Virtual Academy reaffirmed their commitment to this academic option in December and will complete the remainder of the 2020-21 school year through this program.
GENERAL HEALTH & SAFETY MEASURES (additional details forthcoming)
- Policy/guidelines require staff to wear face coverings/shields (permitted exceptions identified).
- Policy/guidelines require students in grades PK-12 to wear face coverings when in halls/common areas and classrooms.
- Staff and students should provide their own facial masks; district will have limited supply on hand.
- Facial masks will continue to be required for anyone coming onto school property at all times.
- Clinic staff will continue to use appropriate PPE.
- With all students and staff wearing masks, we will continue to monitor and apply social distancing standards based upon the latest research and guidance from the CDC and other health organizations.
PERSONAL HYGIENE & PROPERTY CLEANLINESS
- Staff and students will still be provided the opportunity and supplies to wash and sanitize their hands regularly throughout the day.
- We will continue to follow cleaning and sanitization practices in classrooms, lunchrooms, and other common areas, as well as in our fleet of school buses and vans.