Krista Eisenman, Secretary
Westerville City Schools offers a limited Magnet Program in the district that provides an alternative to the traditional delivery of content through the lenses of Math and Science, The Arts, and World Cultures.
Students enrolled in Westerville City Schools are eligible to participate in the Magnet program and their selection to the program is determined by a lottery process.
Please review the following information carefully.
Magnet Program Options
- The Magnet Program consists of three options: Math/Science, World Cultures, and Arts.
Magnet Program Locations
- Emerson Elementary hosts the World Cultures program, while Hanby Elementary hosts the Arts program and the Math/Science program.
- Questions regarding the Math/Science Magnet Program or the Arts Magnet Program at Hanby please call Principal Monica Brown at 614.797.7100 or email her at BrownM@wcsoh.org.
- Questions regarding the World Cultures Magnet Program at Emerson please call Principal Christine Doolittle at 614.797.7080 or email her at DoolittC@wcsoh.org.
- Robert Frost Elementary will continue to serve as a Math/Science program site for the remainder of the 2015-2016 school year. Begining with the 2016-2017 school year this building will no longer serve as a magnet site.
Magnet Program Applications and Lottery
- Parents will have the option to complete an online application for the 2016-2017 school year. The time line of events will be posted the second semester.
Magnet Program Timeline
- Monday, February 22 - Applications, brochures & flyers available at all elementary buildings and online
- Wednesday, March 9 - Magnet Fair, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. at Heritage Middle School
- Friday, March 11 - Magnet School Tours / Emerson and Hanby (5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.)
- Friday, March 18 - Application Deadline, Must be postmarked by 3/18/2016
- Friday, April 15 - Magnet Lottery at the Early Learning Center, Board Room 10:00 AM