Krista Eisenman, Secretary
Westerville City Schools offers a limited Magnet School Program in the district. The magnet programs provide an alternative to the traditional delivery of content through the lenses of Math and Science, The Arts, and World Cultures.
Students enrolled in Westerville City Schools are eligible to participate in the Magnet program and their selection to the program is determined by a lottery drawing.
Please review the following information carefully.
Magnet Program Options
- The Magnet Program will continue to consist of three options: Math/Science, World Cultures, and Arts.
Magnet Program Locations
- Emerson Elementary will continue to host the World Cultures program, while Hanby Elementary will continue to host the Arts program and the Math/Science program.
- Questions regarding the Math/Science Magnet Program or the Arts Magnet Program at Hanby please call Principal Monica Brown at 614.797.7100 or email her at BrownM@wcsoh.org.
- Questions regarding the World Cultures Magnet Program at Emerson please call Principal Monica Brown at 614.797.7080 or email her at BrownM@wcsoh.org.
- Robert Frost Elementary will no longer serve as a Math/Science program site, except for those students presently enrolled in and completing the Magnet Program at that location.
Magnet Program Restoration Overview
- Program enrollment for the 2014-2015 school year consists of students in grades 2 through 5.
- The final step in restoring the program will be to add first-grade seats for the 2015-16 school year.
- When Magnet Program restoration is complete there will be one classroom per grade, per program.
Magnet Program Applications and Lottery
- Parents will have the option to complete an online application for the 2015-2016 school year. A time line of events is listed below.
February 23 Applications available online and at all elementary schools
March 4 Magnet Fair
6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at Heritage Middle School
March 10 Magnet School Tours
Emerson: 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Hanby: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
March 20 Deadline to turn in applications (mailed applications must be postmarked by this date)
April 10 Lottery
2:00 p.m. at the Early Learning Center
April 17 Notification letter of lottery status mailed to parents
April 24 Invitation responses due