Should future weather events cause the cancellation of school, please note the following:
- Blizzard Bags will be used to make up missed school days, but this applies only to afternoon kindergarten students and all students in grades 1-12.
- Morning kindergarten students already have made up the maximum three days allowed through the use of Blizzard Bags. District officials are currently discussing how any additional missed days would be made up.
- If students are instructed to complete Blizzard Bags lessons, they should complete only those lessons assigned by their teacher. They do not need to complete the district lessons below unless instructed to do so by their teacher.
- Students in afternoon kindergarten and grades 1-12 have two remaining days that could be made up through the use of Blizzard Bags.
Additional information about the use of Blizzard Bags is available below.
The Ohio Department of Education allows school districts to make lessons available online through a process commonly referred to as “blizzard bags.” Students may complete these lessons at home, on their own time, to make up missed class time due to excess calamity days.
Pupils will have up to two weeks to finish the assigned work and turn it in for credit. School districts may use this online learning method to make up their sixth, seventh and eighth calamity days, but no more than that. Students who do not have Internet access at home will receive the assignments in paper format when they return to classes, or they can access the lessons via district computers at their school.
Teachers may use the district-created lessons that will be accessible on the district website; post lessons on their own website; or post lessons via Schoology, the district Learning Management System. If the district exceeds its allotted calamity days teachers will be responsible for communicating to students where and how they may access their lessons.
In the event that the district needs to utilize an e-Day, lessons will appear below. Lessons will not be published until an eDay has been issued. Below are links to the various resources that teachers may use for eDay lessons. Once again, students will be informed by their teacher of where their lessons are located. Please contact your student's teacher if you or your child have any questions about an activity or lesson for e-Day.
- district website for Schoology is westerville.Schoology.com
- district list of teacher websites can be found here.
- district-created eDay lessons -- Open or download the lesson(s) Best viewed in Google Chrome.
- Morning Kindergarten
- Day 1 (Completed)
- Day 2 (Completed)
- Day 3 (Completed)
- Afternoon Kindergarten
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
Return the completed lesson(s) to your teacher as instructed.