The Westerville City School Board during 2014 will hold two regular sessions on the second Monday and fourth Monday of each month. All meetings will begin at 6 p.m. at the Early Learning Center (Board Training Room), which is located at 936 Eastwind Drive. The official 2014 Board Meeting calendar is available here.
Meetings and locations are subject to change. Check back often for any additions or cancellations.
The Westerville City Schools Board of Education endeavors to provide all students maximum educational opportunities within the constraints of available facilities, financial resources, legal requirements and citizen involvement. It is the Board’s responsibility to encourage the development of each student’s ability to contribute in a democratic free enterprise and technological society. To this end, the Board believes that the basic purposes of the public schools are to:
- help each student grow in the knowledge and acceptance of self,
- help each student develop an appreciation for personal worth so that they may develop individual talent and ability, and
- help each student develop the knowledge and ability to share his or her talents with others.
GOAL 1: EVERY STUDENT ACHIEVES EDUCATIONAL SUCCESS.
- Provide a context so that every student has the opportunity to reach his/her highest potential.
- Create a framework to allow students to be prepared for economic self-sufficiency beyond formal schooling.
GOAL 2: LEARNING AND WORKING ENVIRONMENTS ARE SAFE, NURTURING AND EFFICIENT.
- Based on the needs, expectations and priorities of our students, staff and community, our customers:
- Create and maintain environments that inspire and support successful learning and delivery of educational services.
- Deliver quality services that satisfy the customer.
GOAL 3: THE BEST STAFF ARE RECRUITED, SELECTED, DEVELOPED AND RETAINED.
- Select highly qualified staff.
- Support and develop the specific performance of each staff member.
- Link staff performance with the success of the district.
GOAL 4: COMMUNITY, PARENTS, STUDENTS AND STAFF ARE ENGAGED AS PARTNERS IN EDUCATION.
- An aligned communication plan engages the district’s staff and community, develops a mutual understanding of each other’s needs, and results in support for district and community initiatives.
GOAL 5: FINANCIAL RESOURCES ARE MAXIMIZED TO SUPPORT EDUCATIONAL SUCCESS.
- Seek alternative funding sources.
- Improve internal processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Use all resources wisely.