Welcome to the McVay PTA website!
2018 - 2019 School Year Board Members
President: Courtney Williams
Vice President: Stephanie Cunningham
Treasurer: Kelly Gurich
SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED:
MONDAY JANUARY 21, 2019 - MLK DAY
EARLY RELEASE DAY SCHEDULED:
THURSDAY JANUARY 31, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
Rapid Fire Pizza Fundraiser - January 15th
10:30 a.m. -10:00 p.m. (Westerville Location @782 S. State St)
Kindergarten 101 - McVay - January 31, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Kindergarten Registration Starts on February 4, 2019
ONESCHOOL - ONEBOOK
One School One Book is returning to McVay Elementary on
January 28th, 2019. The big reveal will happen directly
after our PRIDEassembly. We are so excited to go on this
reading adventure with all of our students and their
families. This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your
child to read together and explore all the gifts that come
along with diving into a good book as a family.
A Message from Mr. Swain about Safety
The safety of staff and students is the top priority for Westerville City School District.
Here at McVay, we are working diligently on creating an inviting culture while also
increasing safety and security on our school campus. We are making improvements to our
communication, safety policies and procedures, and emergency drills and strategies.
Help keep our schools safe with the Safe School Helpline!
(1-800-418-6423 ext. 359)
Use the Safe School Helpline to report threats of violence, suicide, bullying and illegal
activity that could harm students in our schools. Your call is private, confidential, and
anonymous. Here are the basic safety practices we are encouraging families to review
- Don't talk to strangers, get into cars, or accept anything from them;
- Walk with an adult or group of friends to and from school, bus stops or after-school
- Follow the appropriate walking routes and stay in well-lighted areas;
- Walk straight to bus stops and go directly home after school;
- Agree on a time when your child should be home after school
PIONEER PACERS MILEAGE CLUB
We are so excited to start our very own fitness club at recess. The Pioneer Pacers! In order for this to run smoothly we are looking for volunteers to come in during recess times to help scan the children's QR as they complete their laps on the playground with our school IPad. This will take place every Wednesday from now until the end of the school year. Please sign up for the Wednesdays that you are available and the time slot that works for you.
Thank you so much.
Please email Heather Smalley, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
Westerville City Schools Facilities Plan Conversations Scheduled
Times Change: Modern, Safer Spaces
On Behalf of the Westerville City Schools Board of Education...Feedback provided by the community during strategic planning and last year’s facilities conversation has generated some exciting possibilities for Westerville City Schools. The Board of Education wants to learn what families, students and the community think about components of the resulting facilities plan. The plan includes new facility and instructional program opportunities, as well as financial considerations.
The proposed plan recommends a new elementary and new middle school in the southern portion of the district. It also includes modernizing instructional spaces at Annehurst, Emerson, Hawthorne and Whittier elementary schools. As you participate, please keep in mind the following:
- Every school in the district will receive safety and security upgrades from this plan.
- This plan would allow us to maintain magnet programs at Emerson and Hanby.
- Opening a new elementary school would ease overcrowding and allow for expansion of All Day Kindergarten.
- The addition of an elementary school in the southern end of the district would increase the district’s operating budget.
- Opening a new middle school in the southern end of the district would ease overcrowding and allow Blendon Middle School to be used as temporary “swing space” where students would attend while their school was being renovated.
- Blendon Middle School later could be repurposed and house unique instructional program opportunities.
- Elementary and middle school attendance boundaries would be adjusted so more students can attend schools closer to their home.
Please join us at one of the following community meetings to lend your voice to the conversation.
Review Materials online: www.wcsoh.org/TimesChange
Support McVay When You Shop - Here’s 3 Easy Ways!
AmazonSmile: You Shop, Amazon Gives
Shop the same great products and prices on Amazon while supporting McVay! Amazonsmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of all eligible purchases to McVay. It’s easy to participate! Just shop the link below.
Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1273686 and Amazon donates to PTA Ohio Congress McVay
Shop Kroger, Swipe Card, and McVay Earns $!
Update your Kroger Rewards Card here: https://www.kroger.com/account/communityrewards/enroll
Select McVay Elementary (80775) for your Community Rewards Organization.
Shop at your local Kroger and swipe your Kroger card! It’s that easy!
Shop Giant Eagle, Swipe Card, earn Mcvay points for cash! Easy!
Register your Giant Eagle Card here: www.gianteagle.com/AFTS
Select McVay Elementary School (3407)
*please see attached flyer on our PTA Interactive page for more details on shopping support*