A+ award winners received plaques designed and produced by students in the Westerville North High School SHOP.
Ten exemplary employees/groups received A+ Awards at the Board of Education meeting on Monday evening, October 22:
- Emilie Christoff, seventh grade teacher (general/special education), Genoa Middle School;
- The Emerson Traveling Turtles – Chris Doolittle, Shannon Goebeler, Kate Mantenieks, and PingPing Mo;
- Norma Hadden, clerk, Emerson Elementary School;
- Samuel Alan Hunt, student safety & discipline, Transportation;
- Lyndsey Manzo, secondary science curriculum specialist, District;
- Kate Nelson, first grade teacher, Wilder Elementary School;
- Kelly Ocheltree, intervention specialist, Pointview Elementary School;
- Chris Poynter, assistant principal, Genoa Middle School;
- Lee Rutherford, second grade teacher, Cherrington Elementary School; and
- Kimberly Swensen, AP English teacher, Westerville North High School.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.
Awards for this presentation were designed and produced by students in the SHOP at Westerville North High School, under the direction of teacher Christopher Saiben.