Westerville City Schools is co-hosting a Transition Resource Fair from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday evening, October 23, at Hilliard Davidson High School, which is located at 5100 Davidson Road in Hilliard. The Fair is free for students with developmental disabilities and their parents, and is designed to assist with future planning.
Delaware, Franklin and Union County representatives will be available to discuss adult day habilitation programs; career and technical education programs; agency support after high school; transportation options; recreation and leisure programs; county resources and services; employment supports; financial supports for students with disabilities; independent living supports; future planning; estate planning and wills.
Attendees will find answers to questions like:
- What do parents need to do to help their children prepare for life after graduation?
- How do students become eligible for agency services?
- What services require county Board of Developmental Disability eligibility?
- What does a job coach do and how do pupils get one?
- Are students prepared for the transportation needs they will have in the future?
- Where are they going to live after graduation and are they prepared for this?
- What services can assist pupils to handle medical and financial needs?